Official rules (the “Rules”) for the “Choose Your Adventure” Raffle (the “Raffle”).
100% of net proceeds of the Raffle will benefit “United Way Oakville” (UWO).
Prize Draw Date: March 2, 2017 at approximately 7:30 p.m.
Oakville Conference Centre
2515 Wyecroft Road
Oakville, ON L6L 6P8
Ticket Price: $10.00 per ticket or eleven (11) tickets for $100.00.
The odds of winning depend on the total number of tickets sold.
1. The Grand Prize:
a) Round trip economy-class airplane tickets for two (2) persons originating from a major hub airport of winner’s choice within Canada (the “Origination City”) to a major hub airport of the domestic or international city of winner’s choice (the “Destination City”), to a maximum value of $2,250 per ticket. (maximum total value $4500)
b) Prepaid Visa Gift Card in the amount of $1,000 for use at the winner’s discretion in the Destination City, such as hotel accommodations, and other travel-related expense (actual value $1,000)
c) Deuter AC Lite 50 Rucksack. (approximate value $240)
2. The Grand Prize is subject to the following restrictions:
a) Air travel must commence from a major hub airport and must be ticketed through Travel Industry Council of
Ontario (TICO) approved registrants.
b) Winner will select travel departure and return dates. At least two weeks’ notice should be provided to UWO to obtain compensation for airfare(s) purchased within the guidelines set forth herein.
c)Winner is responsible for transport to and from airports in the Origination City and the Destination City and all incidentals associated with travel and hotel accommodations.
d) Once airline reservations have been verified and compensated by UWO, the winner is solely responsible for charges
associated with any changes, for any reason, to the travel itinerary, flight class, or ticket inclusions.
e) Winner and his/her traveling companion must possess all required travel documents prior to departure.
f) Total value of prize shall not exceed five thousand seven hundred and forty dollars ($5740) CAD. Winner is not entitled to the difference between the stated and actual value at the time the prize is awarded.
g. Prize must be claimed within one year of the Raffle draw.
3. The 2nd Prize:
a)Weekend family vacation from Fern Resort in Orillia, ON. (approximate value $1500)
4. The 3rd Prize:
a)Four $1,000 gift cards to The Clarity Centre in Oakville, ON. (actual value $4,000)
5. The 3rd Prize is subject to the following restrictions:
a) The gift cards must be accepted as awarded.
6. The 4th Prize:
a) Four VIP Passes to the Marques d’Elegance Luxury Supercar Weekend. (estimated value $800)
b)Prepaid VISA Gift Card in the amount of $500 for use at the winner’s discretion. (actual value $500)
- The 4th Prize is subject to the following restrictions:The date and location of the Marques d’Elegance will be announced in 2017. The VIP passes may not be exchanged for other tickets or monetary compensation.
- The order of the prize draws will be The Grand Prize, followed by The 2nd Prize, 3rd Prize, and 4th
- Raffle tickets can be purchased at United Way Oakville’s office (200-466 Speers Road – Oakville, ON). Raffle ticket sales will run from Monday, October 10th at 8:30 a.m. until March 2, 2017 at 7:30 p.m., or until 4,000 tickets have been sold. Winner will be determined by random drawing on March 2, 2017 at approximately 7:30 p.m. at the Oakville Conference Centre. Entrants do not need to be present to win. UWO will notify the winner, who will be announced as the winner contingent upon verification of winner’s eligibility and compliance with the Rules of this Raffle.
- Cheque or money order must be made payable to United Way Oakvill If an entrant’s cheque is dishonored by the bank, the entry will be declared invalid, unless full payment is received and cleared prior to the drawing.
- Tickets are not tax deductible or eligible for a tax receipt.
- Ticket purchasers must be 18 years of age or old Tickets cannot be purchased in the name of a person less than 18 years of age.
- Tickets must be both sold and purchased in the Province of Ontario. However, while they are in Ontario, residents of other countries or provinces may purchase raffle tickets sold under a license issued in Ontario.
- UWO staff, board members, and immediate family of staff and board members living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Raffle and win the Priz In order to maximize the proceeds from the Raffle, UWO general volunteers, friends, and family are eligible to participate in the Raffle and win the Prizes.
- The approximate value of the Grand Prize is $5,740. The approximate value of the 2nd Prize is $1,500. The actual value of the 3rd Prize is $4,000. The approximate value of the 4th Prize is $1300. Except as otherwise stated herein, no Prize may be assigned or transferred. Total prize board is approximately $12, 540.
- Winner is required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and a publicity release. Failure to sign and return any documents in a timely fashion, or if Prize is returned as non-deliverable, may result in prize forfeiture and selection of another winner.
- By participating in the Raffle and accepting the Prize, winner, and/or its assignees if the Prize is assigned pursuant to the conditions identified herein, release UWO, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective directors, officers, agents, employees and representatives from any and all liability and agrees to hold them harmless from any liability for any damages, injury or loss, including death, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, or participation in a Prize-related activity.
- By accepting the Prize, winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address, photograph, videotape, voice, signature and any likeness for advertising or publicity purposes and to the use of statements made by or attributed to the winner, provided same are true, relating to UWO, UWO’s services or this Raffle and any and all rights to said use without further compensation, except where prohibited by la
- Substitutions or modifications of the Prize shall not be permitted. The decision of UWO shall be final on all matters concerning this Raffl
- This Raffle is being held pursuant to a raffle permit issued by the Town of Oakville, ON, in accordance with the requirements of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. A copy of the raffle license may be obtained from Oakville Town Hall or by calling United Way Oakville.
- The liability of the licensee of this lottery shall be limited to the purchase price of the ticket.
- The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations; and is void wherever prohibited or restricted by l
- Charitable Registration Number: 10816 0243 RR 0001.